2021 MCMAC Summer Job Posting – 8 Children/Student Ministry Intern
Please submit a cover letter and a résumé attention to
Reverend Jeff Chan at: email@example.com
Please note cover letter and resume will be reviewed by the Board of Elders and possibly by Canada Summer Jobs service representatives.
- Tentative starting date: Monday, June 28, 2021
- Remuneration: $14.75/hr.
- The duration of this job is 25 hours of work for 10 weeks.
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- Priority will be given to those with prior MCMAC volunteer experience directly with Children, Youth and English Ministry.
- The job is funded by Service Canada and must comply to all the rules and regulations supplied by the government.
- The position requires both in-person (onsite at MCMAC) and virtual engagement (work from home) depending on the Public Health guidelines.
Strengths and Skillset required for the job:
- High work ethics.
- A team player with a passion for ministry.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Able to produce teaching videos with little supervision.
- An excellent communicator both orally and written.
- Testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a growing personal relationship with Him.
- A passion for seeing people become connected to and serve the church.
- Excellent computer skills to utilize Google Workspace, Microsoft Office and video editing.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
Job Description/Duties/Responsibilities (this list shows only the major events and is not exhaustive).
- Help plan and lead weekly children/youth group meetings on Zoom/at church if the church re-opens this summer.
- Serve as a consistent presence and “host” on Sundays for weekend services over zoom or at church. We will likely be hosting drive-in worship services for children on Sundays.
- Help in the production of worship services for the online broadcast of weekend services.
- Host fellowship meets for different age groups.
- Assist in recruiting and developing new leaders in ministry.
- Prepare the church for re-opening to the public.
- This list above is not exhaustive, there will also be other Children/Student ministry tasks, events, responsibilities, and duties that are not listed; but will need your attention, planning, and execution. Therefore, a heart that is willing to serve God by serving people is what we are after.
- Report directly to Pastor Jeff.
- Accountable with Pastor Jeff through regular mentoring meetings, team meetings and ongoing employee training.
- Accountable to team lead within the peer group.
- Pastor Jeff will offer education on our implemented policies with regards to health and safety policies, harassment policies, conflict resolution policies and work environment safety.